Monday, July 20, 2009

Finally! A New Blog!

Hey there, folks! It's Captain Baldy (a.k.a. Fat Guy) with a much anticipated update to the blog! I know, it's been three weeks or so since I have posted! Ladyfriend and I have been so busy.

Befo! (i'm kinda thick n' chunky like this here salsa!)

Afta! (Bald and Beautiful!)

Where to start? Ladyfriend has been swamped with work and school and is really worn out, and somewhat stressed out, ALOT! I have just been working my booty off and Ladyfriend shaved my head after I decided it was less expensive to shave off all my hair and cooler too! Ladyfriend almost cried because she loves my long, flowing locks, heeeheeee, but she is getting used to it, and likes to rub and kiss my head!

We have slowly but surely been trying to get things bought still for the house and decorated and also finally got our jacked up yard somewhat fixed. A good friend of my family, Doug, came and mowed down all of our tall grass and did a little grading. He will probably come back and do some more grading since the ground was so hard and hadn't rained. We are finally starting to get bills, so that kind of stinks, but we have cut back and we don't eat out anymore and we we are doing our best to save (which is very hard when you first move in a home.)

We love our DVR!!! Ladyfriend tapes every scary ghost show on TV along with Dance Your A** Off, Burn Notice, Antiques Roadshow, Family Guy, and History Detectives. I DVR all kinds of things on Military Channel and shows about fishing, of course. Ladyfriend thinks that the Military Channel is coming between us. She HATES it. She says it is World War II all day long every day. We stay in two separate rooms watching TV most of the time because she says if she sees one more show about Hitler, D-Day or World War II strategies she will scream or hit me with my Machete, whichever comes first....HELP! Hahaha!

(I didn't do this, Ladyfriend has gone CRAAAAZY!)

Lately, we have had folks out to the house and cooked out, so now most of our friends have been out to see our new homestead! Lady friend is still continuing to work on projects for the house in her spare time and room by room.


Here are some things Ladyfriend has done for the kitchen. She printed out the pics in all the frames on the left and then decoupaged them, then framed them. Cheap and very cool looking! 3 of them are by theItalian poster artist, Leonetto Cappiello (1875-1942) who lived in France and made many French poster designs for restaurants and different ads. The ones on the right, were given to us by Cassy, Ladyfriend's sis, who also gave us a new table this weekend that is awesome! Sorry, no pics of that yet, but it is very cool looking! Our old table (in the pic) was my parent's first dining table and none of our chairs matched. lol. Ladyfriend sanded and painted all those chairs dark brown, because they were too light and very ugly. Now we have a matching set that looks great with the cabinets.

Cool rug Ladyfriend picked up at the Walmart!

Here are some pics Ladyfriend and I hung in the bathroom. She got all 3 for $7.40 at Old Tyme Pottery!

Here are some more decoupaged pics. These are vintage soap ads that Ladyfriend printed out, decoupaged, and framed! Literally, it cost her nothing to make these! Sorry, I don't have a close up!

This is a random pic of my dad eyeing a sleepy Tinky who cuddled up behind him in the chair. He thought it was pretty funny to move, so she slid down off her spot. I don't think she liked it much, though.

Here are some beautiful sunsets we have been enjoying.....literally every night!

This field is where I loooove to pick wild blackberries! I loooove them!! Ladyfriend doesn't like blackberries, but she made me some blackberry cobbler this weekend for lil ole me and it was awesome!! (Thanks to Shelley, Ladyfriend's Twiight friend for the Quick Cobbler Recipe!)

Well, that's pretty much what has been going down lately. I leave you now with some pics Ladyfriend took of our babies! Have a fantastic week!




2 comments:

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Molly!

Thanks for visiting an commenting! Love you site and this post...the little one is adorable! Oliver would love him(her) for a friend!

love, kelee

fat guy and furry friends said...

Thanks Kelee!! So sorry I hadn't commented sooner. School and work has been crazy! Thanks for stopping by.

Love, Mol