Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Catfish Mama and the Extreme Orange Cat Spectacular!

Hello friends! I hope you are happy to see our new page design done by the fabulous Ladyfriend, aka "Catfish Mama", but we will get to her new nickname in a moment. We added some pretties in the background and a rustic look like Ladyfriend likes and also some music and a place for people who visit the blog frequently to become a "follower." I hope you all love it!

On to more pressing news.......

Ladyfriend and I had a very jam-packed fun-filled weekend.

Friday
Ladyfriend begged me to go with her to her friend's house waaaay out in Bardstown, KY for a little get-together. It was storming terrible that night and we were running late because Ladyfriend went crazy busy more stuff for my house and an outfit for Easter.
She hadn't seen her hilarious friend, Kristy in a looooong time. I had alot of fun talking to her fiance, Brett and another guy that was there. Ladyfriend chatted it up with Kristy and 3 other girls and left me in the garage with the guys where we talked about hunting and fishing and large lawn equipment.

Saturday
We awoke to a very beautiful sunny day filled with the hopes of a miraculous catch. Today was THE DAY of awesome fishing for Ladyfriend who has been learning to fish. We got up and went to meet with our friends Kenny and Becky for breakfast at their house. by the way, Kenny CAN COOK ANYTHING and it's AWESOME! We later loaded up our gear and headed off to an undisclosed location (haha) for a fun day of catching catfish. Ladyfriend was so excited because after about a half or to an hour of catching nothing, she find where the catfish were hiding and caught two big ones back to back! It was amazing to see her reel those big suckers in! Everyone at her work on Monday was calling her the "Catfish Mama" and saying how impressive those two fish were!

Her two fish:
a 5 lb. one and a 10 lb. one!

The 10 pounder next to my foot!

The biggest catfish I caught :-(

....and a cropped close up so you can see it.

Fat Guy in action

Kenny's catch of the day. It sure had a purdy mouth! HAHA!

After our fun day of fishing, we basked in the allure of the Ponderosa, since I love BUFFETS! Ladyfriend wasn't too happy about eating buffet style again. I don't listen to her because I love BUFFFFEEEEETTTTSSSS! Later, we went to Ladyfriend's house where I slept on the couch so that I could go to church with her on Easter, since I live so far away from her.

Easter Sunday
Ladyfriend, Ladyfriend's mom, and I went to a new church. The new Southeast Christian Church Indiana Campus opened up in Jeffersonville, IN, not too far from her house. It was pretty cool, but I don't like big churches. She liked it alot and though she doesn't like huge churches, might go again. The music was very excellent and the sermon too. Here is a link to their site for more info:
http://indiana.southeastchristian.org/

Afterward, we changed clothes and headed to Louisville to waste time before going to my parent's house for the day to visit. I dragged Ladyfriend once again to have buffet and she was definitely not a happy camper because later she felt like this:

Ladyfriend found this sign online. Apparently, it is a Old Nicaraguan Pharmacy sign advertising diarrhea medication for children. It's hilarious! She looked up the translation and it says:
"Diarrhea is very dangerous to give your child oral serum."
Well, that was the extent of our weekend! I leave you now with an array of rare, beautiful pictures of Orange Cat, who doesn't like to be photographed. I didn't have any pictures of Tinky Schmellys this week, so for all you Orange Cats fans, here is what you've been craving.

We shall call this:

EXTREME ORANGE CAT SPECTACULARRRRRR!!
enjoy.






7 comments:

Cassy said...

The Orange cat spectacular left my speechless! What a beautiful cat, he is the prettiest cat in the world!

fat guy and furry friends said...

HAHA! I know! I bet you liked the diarrhea tribute!

Cassy said...

It reminds me of my bout with the ROTA!

fat guy and furry friends said...

HAHAHA! GROSSS!

Unknown said...

Thanks for telling me about your blog! I be dropping by.

fat guy and furry friends said...

No problem Mr. Nick. This is Molly, Brian's girlfriend. I heard he spoke to you today. Good to meet you. I write the blog each week lol, shhhhh.....welcome!

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

Hi. Molly & Brian! My name iz Alex & I ownz Sometimes Saintly Nick. OK?

I haz my ownz bloggie tingie & it iz HERE. OK?

I comez by to sayz meeeeeee-oooooooooooooow to Conan kitty kat. OK?