Monday, April 27, 2009

A Watermelon Weekend


Hey folks! Glad you all could stop by and hear about our fantastic weekend! Here's what happened in Fat Guy, a little dog, and an orange cat world......

Friday

Ladyfriend bought some more decor for the living room online on LTD while at work, shhhhhh. She got these cool hammered tin wall tiles all for $14.85, well, three, cuz she only wanted three. Green, light beige and brown.


Ladyfriend and I went out after work to pick up a few things from Walmart for the new Casa de Fat Guy. We also had some tasty Penn Station, Ladyfriend thinks their fries are from Heaven, even though she isn't too big on fries.

We also went to Half Price Books and looked around for awhile. Ladyfriend wanted to go home and rest for the night, so we went our separate ways. Ladyfriend konked out at her house watching TV, and later I ran out to get a new fan for my room, since mine broke. While I was out, I got called into work since I was on call. It really stunk. I didn't get home until 12:30 am. Yuck. So much for a relaxing Friday evening at home!

Saturday

I went and picked up Ladyfriend for brunch at the local Dennnnnaaaay's. She wasn't feeling very well and had a bad headache/stuffy nose from allergies. After that, she ran and picked up a pillow that she had ordered for the hizzzouse at the Post Office and then drug me into Jewel's House of Teas in Clarksville to pick up some Dream Goddess Oolong tea there. That is her favorite tea.

Finally, we ran out to my friend, Kenny's house to pick up an awesome coffee table and end table set that he had got from a relative for us. For the two end tables and the coffee table, I paid $60. Sweeet!


Plus, Kenny gave me a comfy chair that will go in the Fishing/Hunting room at the house. Ladyfriend said I can't put it in the Living Room because it's not "Living Room material." She thinks it's comfy but pretty ugly. It won't be ugly with some camo on it though! Yee haw! We also got an old dresser from Kenny that Ladyfriend is going to refinish and add new hardware too. She's so artsy. Later, we took our furniture finds and headed to Taylorsville, KY to my parent's house to drop it all off in their great big barn/garage.

We also picked up a watermelon at the fruit stand on the way, because Ladyfriend was hankering for some Watermelon. Turned out, the Watermelon was the highlight of the day. My two nieces Alexis and Emily, who were over at my parents house, had a blast eating and playing in it! They also enjoyed being flipped upside down and piggy-backing courtesy of Uncle Fat Guy.



Emily on my shoulders and Alexis waiting in line.

Alexis on my shoulders.

The front of my parent's house.

My parent's backyard.

Alexis and her face in a watermelon slice!

Emily posing dramatically with her watermelon.

Alexis being sprayed with the hose by my mom!

The girls getting sprayed down by mom with the hose after the watermelon explosion.

My parents and my sister Amanda and her hubby were having a yard sale all weekend. Several people wanted to buy the coffee table/end tables we dropped off as soon as Ladyfriend and I drove up with them in the trunk!

Later, Ladyfriend and I went to an awesome barbecue place called, "The Shack in the Back" out in Fairdale. We highly recommend it's delicious awesomeness!! Ladyfriend thinks it's very rustic and cute because it looks like a log cabin on the inside.

Fat Guy waiting for some bbq deliciousness at the Shack in the Back
(did you notice I shaved the gotee last week? Ladyfriend thinks I look like a creepy child molester without it....I am growing it back, lol.)

We also did a little evening fishing with Kenny at his trailer park. They have a nice sized lake there where they had been having a tournament all day. We didn't catch a thing but huge bug bites!

Me looking quite tired and itchy

Sunday
We made a stop at the local Shoney's out on Fern Valley Rd. Ladyfriend told me I am only allowed to have buffets on Sundays now, since I eat it too much and she hates buffets because she has no gallbladder and an icky stomach frequently. I agreed. My buffet problem has really spiraled out of control.
Later, we went to Ladyfriend's house and mowed her lawn and weed-eated. It was stinking hot!!We also helped her mom take some old clothes and things to the Thrift store, because she was doing some spring cleaning. We cooled down after and relaxed, having some more watermelon we bought at Walmart. It was Watermelon weather! We also spent time with my favorite furry friends and a couple other ones too!!
Tinky and Rupert (Ladyfriend's mom's cat) wrestling. Conan ignoring them.

Orange cat disgruntled yet again to get his picture taken.

The aminals all cuddling, after fighting, of course.

Fat guy with Orange Cat and two boxes of Nerds.
Teddy, (Ladyfriend's mom's dog) far away from the aminal commotion. He's old.

This is how Tinky laid most of the day. She was soooo sleepy!

Later, we visited Ladyfriend's dad's house for a mini cook-out. He is a great cook! We had ribeyes, chicken, brats, weiners, baked beans, tato salad, and salad. It was awesome!! Well, that's what happened in our world this weekend, stay tuned for more amazing adventures each week! I leave you now with pictures of Tinky and her mama watching TV in bed last night after I went home.

Tinky ready for bed!

Ladyfriend getting kisses from her Tinks!


Baby Tinkers with E.T.! Ladyfriend's toy from childhood.

See you all next time!

0 comments: